About the project
SOAP2 is a joint project of the University of Fribourg (leading house), the University of Lausanne, the Central and University Library of Lucerne (together with the University of applied sciences of Lucerne), the University of Neuchâtel, and the University of teacher education of the Canton of Vaud. It is sponsored by swissuniversities with a total of CHF 164’400 from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2023.
The core of the project is an OJS (Open Journal Systems) based publishing platform. OJS is the most used software for journal publishing platforms and Open Source.
Further services will include the setup of journals and the workflows in OJS, advice of editors concerning organization of their work and implementation of Open Access standards, help in case of minor issues with the platform and document formatting and layout. Support may also include establishing and facilitating of journal indexing in general and specific information services.
- Free journal hosting with own branding and domain name
- Free DOI registration with CrossRef
- Long term preservation with Portico
- Technical support for OJS
- Journal set up and branding
- Published content import
- Workflow set up and management
- Technical support and advise for editorial work
- Document formatting
- Indexation in discoverability platforms such as Swisscovery, Renouvaud and DOAJ.
Editors remain responsible for the editorial and scientific work.
Université de Fribourg
Université de Lausanne
HEP du Canton de Vaud
Université de Neuchâtel